South Catalyst Project
See most recent update here.
Concept Submissions - August 8, 2016
Watch for additional images to be posted soon!
SOUTH CATALYST Project - UPDATE August 15th through September 2nd
What will you see?
- The two car garage that is currently sitting on 2nd Ave will be transported off site by Powell Moving on August 14th around 2:00 AM (Traffic Notice).
- The four car garage that is currently sitting on 2nd Ave will be transported off site by Powell Moving on August 21st around 2:00 AM (Traffic Notice).
- The Contractor will be repairing the sidewalk on the North border of 216 E. 3rd Street (old tire center) along with minor repairs to East 3rd St. This sidewalk will be closed from August 22 to August 26. Traffic control measures will be in place during the street repair. The 5 parking stalls on the North border of the 216 E 3rd property will be roped off until the work is completed. (Traffic Notice).
- 216 E. 3rd Street lot will be converted back into a temporary parking lot.
- All the land in-between Opera Alley and 1st Street will be seeded for erosion control
- Final site fencing shall be installed around the first week of September.
The ‘NON-EMERGENCY” contact number for the project is: 720-505-8776. There is a recording that is answered “Stephen P. Di Nardo Consulting Project Information Line – please leave a detailed message and someone will get back to you within 24 hours.
South Catalyst Project - Update July 25, 2016
What will you see?
- The demolition of the old tire center located at 216 E 3rd Street
- The demobilization of the job trailer located at 216 E 3rd Street. The DiNardo Management Group and Hudspeth will move into 320 N Cleveland Avenue for the remainder of the project. The job trailer will be removed sometime between July 18th and July 29th.
- The Environmental Abatement phase of the project is now complete.
- There are no anticipated traffic control measures.
The NON-EMERGENCY contact number is 720-505-8776. This is a recording that is answered “Stephen P. DiNardo Consulting Project Information Line”. Please leave a message and we will get back to you within 24 hours. This is a project contact line.
On site, Economic Development Manager Mike Scholl and
Demolition/Abatement Project Manager Stephen DiNardo. July 6, 2016
SOUTH CATALYST project - UPDATE July 18, 2016
Week 9 – July 18-22
Project crews will be working in Lincoln Avenue again on the 20th to complete the sewer disconnection.
The NON-EMERGENCY” contact number is 720-505-8776. There is a recording that will be answered “Stephen P. Di Nardo Consulting Project Information Line”. Please leave a message and they will get back to you within 24 hours.
south catalyst project - update May 31, 2016
DEMO UPDATE! What’s happening? Week 3 and 4 - May 30th thru June 10th
What the public will see:
- The Contractor will be mobilizing 1 or 2 excavators and begin work on the sanitary sewer line decommission.
- The Contractor will continue the environmental remediation of all properties.
- The Contractor will begin removing all the tree stumps.
There are no anticipated traffic control measures.
NON-EMERGENCY Contact Number: 720-505-8776
This is a recording that is answered, “Stephen P. Di Nardo Consulting Project Information Line. Please leave a message and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
South Catalyst Project - Update May 18, 2016
The KUSA-9News story on the South Catalyst project that ran three times last night.
Reporter Dan Grossman was here in Loveland, in the wettest of circumstances, to cover the beginning of demolition/remediation as we described in a media release last week. Instead, he was mostly indoors (thanks to the rain!) with Mike Scholl at the Civic Center and Clay Caldwell at Mo Betta Gumbo.
Rain delays $60 million Loveland construction project
South Catalyst Project - UPDATE May 11, 2016
Click here to see demolition map. Click here to download demolition map (11 MB .PDF)
Click here to see conceptual renderings under consideration.
The South Catalyst Project is underway!
The City has issued the official “Notice to Proceed” to Hudspeth and Associates, effective May 16th.
Following are the activities that will occur in the next two weeks:
What will you see?
- The contractor will be installing the perimeter fence around the construction site.
Please take special note of these closures and possible detours (see drawing below):
- 2nd Avenue from Lincoln to Cleveland will be gated and closed for the duration of the project.
- Opera Alley from Lincoln to Cleveland will be gated and closed for the duration of the project.
- The perimeter fence will be set back in the 270 E 3rd Street parking lot to encompass the 12 stalls to the West and 7 additional stalls to the Southwest. Upon completion of the demolition and asphalt repaving of the 216 E 3rd Street property, the fencing will be removed and the parking spaces will be available again.
- The contractor will be mobilizing their job trailer to be located at 216 E 3rd Street.
- The contractor will be mobilizing some heavy equipment. All equipment will be kept inside their perimeter fence.
- The contractor will be marking utility locates.
- Consultants mobilized will include SPD Consulting (Project Manager), Pinyon Environmental, Colorado Civil Group, and SJR Environmental.
What activities will begin?
- The Contractor will commence the environmental remediation of all properties
- The Contractor will start demolition of structures where no environmental abatement is required.
- The contractor will be installing the Storm Water Management and Erosion control measures.
Please contact Stephen DiNardo at 720-505-8776 (NON-EMERGENCY)
This number takes you to a recording that is answered, “Stephen P. Di Nardo Consulting Project Information Line.” Please leave a message and you will receive a call back within 24 hours. This same number will also be posted on project banners and noted on the project trailer.